Beautiful Clothes from Crepe Fabric are many. Crepe fabric is a material that is very comfortable to wear. Crepe is a fabric that undergoes a special weaving treatment method to create a unique three-dimensional and rippled texture. Garments and other textiles made from crepe fabric are delicate. Therefore, clothes from crepe fabric are typically worn for special events. In this article, I will show you many types of beautiful clothes that are made from crepe fabric. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
The Characteristics of Crepe Fabric
Before we dive deep into the types of beautiful clothes from crepe fabric, we need to understand the characteristics of crepe fabric. Some of the crepe fabrics that you can find out there might have slight differences. However, generally, the crepe fabric has certain characteristics, such as:
- Breathable. The best way to identify crepe fabric is its breathability. The breathable characteristic of crepe fabric makes it a suitable fabric that you can wear during summer. You can still feel comfortable wearing your favourite clothes during summer if you wear clothes made of crepe fabric. The Organic crepe fabric tends to be the most breathable amongst all its types, even when used in high temperatures.
- Moisture-Absorbing. The crepe fabric is also absorbent. This quality makes crepe fabric ideal for use in warmer climates.
- Adaptable. This fabric is so versatile and can be used for any occasion including casual clothing and even formal wear, like evening gowns.
- Flammable. Many crepe fabrics have a low resistance to heat, especially crepe fabrics made from silk.
- Three-Dimensional. Crepe fabric has the unique ability to create a three-dimensional shape. This characteristic makes crepe fabric the perfect material for garments.
- Comfortable to wear. Crepe is highly in demand because of its unique look and comfortable, lightweight feel. Crepe fabric gives the wearer a slimming appearance. It has a very graceful fall that makes crepe fabric a great fabric for party events or other formal occasions. Crepe fabrics are also preferred for daily wear because they require little to no ironing.
Pleated Printed Silk Crepe de Chine Dress
Crepe de chine is one of the types of crepe fabric. This lightweight crepe fabric is typically made from silk without the clear-cut finish of textured crepe. Crepe de chine tends to have a pebbled, matte, and smooth feel. This makes you can usually see it used on luxurious garments and evening gowns. As you can see in the picture above is Gucci’s pleated printed silk crepe de chine dress. Moreover, crepe de chine also has very twisted fibres. It has silk yarns in the warp and worsted yarns in the weft. When exposed to sunlight or sweat, this fabric becomes weak.
This Gucci’s Resort ’17 collection combines the brand’s Italian heritage with a distinct English sensibility. Detailed with top-stitched pleating, this collared midi dress is cut from silk crepe de chine that is printed with an ornate ‘Floral Snake’ print and contrasted by baby-pink trims. It has a very unique printed pattern. You can find this dress on net-a-porter.com.
Read related article: Vintage Blouses for Summer Look
The crepe charmeuse is the crepe fabric created from silk fabric. It is woven using the satin weave method and crepe twist yarns. The material is smooth and satin-like with a flat back. The signature crepe appearance of the fabric is made possible by the crepe yarns. The appearance of this crepe charmeuse gown is very elegant because of the fabric that it is made of. It is the 1970s Jean Patou Burgundy Plum Silk Charmeuse Gown that you can find on 1stdibs.com. The material of this garment that is smooth makes this gown looks expensive and classy. Very suitable to wear at your special events.
Wool Crepe Mini Dress
The wool crepe or crepon is a wiry type of crepe fabric resulting in the mixing of cotton and silk fibres. The fabric has a unique look. The unique look appears when the yarn is treated during weaving. It is often used to make dresses and lingerie. The picture above is the Rowen Rose green wool crepe mini dress. This mini dress is tailored from green wool crepe. It also has a scooped neckline and smooth twill lining.
You can wear this wool crepe mini dress with the coordinating blazer and glamorous accessories based on your likings. As the dress is quite plain and classy, you can have two ways of wearing this mini dress. First, you can wear it like the picture above without any accessories, or second, you can add blazers and accessories, such as a hat, ring, necklace, a pair of your favourite earrings, or bracelets. You can find this Rowen Rose green wool crepe mini dress on net-a-porter.com.
Read related article: Formal Accessories for Your Business Formal Attire for Women
Making a plisse crepe garment involves the use of heavy rollers. These imprint a crepe design into the fabric. A chemical treatment can also be done to give this crepe fabric type its appearance. This cotton fabric has pebbled or striped patterns made of wax, and they are submerged in an alkaline solution. When the wax is taken off, there are stripes on the uncovered parts of the fabric that shrunk. As a result, the material is very strong, and you do not need to iron it.
The unique way of making a plisse crepe fabric makes the plisse crepe garments very unique to be worn as well. The plisse crepe garment that is being shown above is the Dion Lee open-back plissé-crepe halterneck top. This halterneck top turns to reveal an open back that is held in place by delicate ties. The garment is made from plissé-crepe that hugs your figure perfectly. You can wear it as a coordinating set with the matching skirt and complement the inky hue with gold jewellery. You can find this plisse crepe garment at net-a-porter.com.
All in all, I hope you can have more insights regarding types of crepe garments through this article. Make sure to stay tuned to receive future updates!